Feb. 9, 2013
I've started this blog about romance books, authors’ interviews, and a little bit of baking thrown in for a college social media class that I'm taking. We were told to do something that we love and are passionate about. I found a red-covered book titled "Between the Covers," by Laurien Blair a Silhouette Desire romance novel, in my 8th grade shop class. Until that point in time, I was basically reading my dad's books, "The World According to Garp," "Catcher in the Rye," and any other book I could get my hands on -- you see, I was a reading nut. But when I found THAT book, well, let’s just say my life was changed and in my opinion for the better (in my dad’s opinion, um, not so much).
Although I read other books, I was hooked like a crack addict is to the pipe. I would go to the library and check out 20 books at a time, dragging my then-best friend Beth along with me who had no interest reading at all. I would gobble them up like candy, reading them on the city bus on the way to school, in class hiding them under the desks while the teacher was talking (if I couldn't wait to finish it) or in bed at night, covering them up when my dad would come in to see what I was doing. I am being completely honest when I say that I wasn't interested in it for the sex; it was the romance. More on that in my next blog.
P.S. Within the next week or so, I’ll be posting an interview with one of my favorite romance authors, who answered some questions for me. She’s huge on The New York Times bestseller list. I also have some other author interviews in the works. Come back soon and check it out!
No comments:
Post a Comment